Purpose of the Directorate
To provide efficient and effective community services to the Mahikeng Local Municipality
- The overall management of the Community Services Directorate.
- The management, monitoring and guiding of subordinate personnel.
- The implementation of integrated waste management plan within the Municipality.
Managing and monitoring of environmental health matters within the area of jurisdiction of the Municipality.
- Management of the provision and maintenance of community and recreational facilities within the Municipality.
- Provision of Primary Health Care services to internal stakeholders.
Brief Description of Services:
Lead and manage staff to ensure that the objectives of the unit and the Directorate are met.
- Plan and manage the capital and operational budget of the unit.
- Develop and ensure implementation of health programs pertaining to solid waste management; environmental health and the clinic.
- Recommend plans and strategies to the Director.
- Represent the unit in meetings or forums that relate to health services.
- Manage or ensure the enforcement of health legislation and relevant municipal by- laws.
- Generally carry out functions as instructed by the Director.