Purpose of the Directorate
To provide quality, professional and sustainable public safety services to the Mahikeng Local Municipality.
- To provide Integrated Testing, Licensing and Registration services.
- To provide Fire, Rescue and Disaster Management services that meet the exception of the community.
- To render Traffic Management and Law enforcement services.
- To provide security and fleet Management services.
- 1. Forging relationships with SAPS regarding crime within the Local Municipality.
- 2. Replacement/Removal of non compliant road signs and painting road marks.
- 3. Frequent road blocks were conducted and long outstanding traffic fines collected.
- 4. Attendance of electronic National Traffic System Training by cashiers.
- 5. Negotiate with Atamelang Bus Transport to test their buses for roadworthiness in the Mahikeng Testing Ground.
- 6. Awareness campaigns were done to the relevant directorates.
- 7. Officers were set for training of National Intelligence Agency (NIA) completed the course.