ADOPTION/APPROVAL OF IDP
- In terms of the Municipal System Act 2000, in compliance with Section 34 of the above mentioned Act, the Municipal Council is required to conduct annual review of Integrated Development Planning. This should be done in accordance with an assessment of its performance measurement in terms of section 41 of the above mentioned The IDP process plan was presented to Council with a schedule of meetings for the ward consultation in August 2018 and the Council meeting was postponed until it was only adopted on 05 December 2018. The IDP process plan was followed by a programme from the Office of the Speaker which grouped the wards into two clusters. However, the programme was supposed to start on the 06 December with cluster one at Modimolla and the meeting could not take place due to none attendance by wards. It was then decided that the situation was not condusive for meetings and as a result cluster two could not also take place. Since then no public meetings took place. The community was invited to make inputs to the already known and recorded community needs in the IDP. After the midterm performance and budget assessment adoption a draft IDP and budget in March 2018, the draft IDP and the budget will be presented to communities before tabling it in end May 2019.
- The process of review of the Municipality’s IDP should be informed by the following overarching guiding principles, politically acceptable and administratively managed system that was acceptable to political role players at all levels. The process was also flexible to allow for adjustment due to changes in the environment. Where possible dates, strategies were also changed to suite the prevailing circumstances.
The IDP review process was inclusive, transparent and open to all. The programme was advertised on the newspapers and announcements made at ward level to make general public aware of the draft IDP review meeting. The sector departments participated in the process of the IDP namely Local Government and Traditional Affairs, Provincial Treasury, Department of Social Development, As it was reported during the tabling of the IDP in March 2019 and subsequently resolved by Council that the Executive Mayor conducts the IDP community consultation, the following consultations were held,
- Letlhakane Sports Ground on 21 May 2019
- Modimolla Nelson Mandela Community hall on 22 May 2019
- Mahikeng High School with Rate Payers on 24 May 2019
- Klippan and Civic Center on 27 May 2019
The community raised issues of their concern which in the main were,
- Conditions of roads in all wards
- Water supply
- Job creation
- Crime and corruption
Some meetings were attended by the Executive Mayor, Administrators and attended by Members of the Mayoral Committee. The members of the community did confirm their ward needs and priories as was presented.