The purpose of the memorandum is to advise the (Acting) Municipal Manager on the submission of the approved annual budget to the National Treasury and the Provincial Treasury.
Background and Introduction
S24(3) of the MFMA states that the accounting officer of a municipality must submit the approved annual budget to the National Treasury and the relevant provincial treasury.
The Municipal Budget and Reporting Regulations (MBRR) states under regulation:
20(1) that “the Municipal Manager must comply with section 24(3) of the Act within ten working days after the municipal council has approved the annual budget;
20(2) that “the Municipal Manager must submit to the National Treasury and the relevant provincial treasury, in both printed and electronic form-
- The supporting documentation within ten working days after the municipal council has approved the annual budget;
- The approved service delivery and budget implementation plan within ten working days after the mayor has approved the plan; and
- Any other information as may be required by the National Treasury.
20(3) states that “the Municipal Manager must send copies of the approved annual budget and supporting documentation, in both printed and electronic form to-
- Any other municipality affected by the annual budget within ten working days after the municipal council has approved the annual budget; and
- Any other organ of state on receipt of a request from that organ of state”.
Section 75(1) of the Act requires the Accounting Officer to place on the municipal website referred to in section 21A of the Municipal Systems Act specific documents which include:
- The annual budget and all the budget supporting documents;
- All budget related policies;
- All supply chain management contracts above a prescribed value.
Such documents must be placed on the website not later than five days after its tabling in the council or on the date on which it must be made public, whichever comes first.
Below are downloadable copies of the Annual Budget and MTREF Budgets of the Mahikeng Local Municipality.
- Tarrifs MTREF Budget 2018-19 (Draft)
- Tariffs MTREF Budget 2016-17
- MTREF Financial Plan June 2016
- Tariffs MTREF Budget 2014-15